Monday, May 21, 2007

May 21, 2007: Killeen / Harker Heights, Texas Birding (27 PHOTOS)

I had the morning free before meetings, so I did some birding in the morning, in the Killeen and Harker Heights area ...


Black and Turkey Vultures

Above three: Turkey Vulture

Northern Mockingbird

I got this nice flight shot of a Mockingbird

Black Vulture

I was being watched! ...

One more Black Vulture photo

Painted Bunting

Above and Below: Blue Grosbeak (I need a better shot!)


Flyover Osprey

Prairie Verbena

Above and Below: Young Scrub Jays




Eurasian Collared Dove (Harker Heights)

Northern Cardinal (Harker Heights)


Singing Canyon Wren

Another shot of the Canyon Wren

Here's another shot of the wren nest in the bathroom!

Young or Female Painted Bunting


Below: I got some cool shots of Cliff Swallows just south of the Central Texas Freeway (US-190) at the junction with FM 2410, in Nolanville, TX (Map)









MAP OF LOCATIONS MENTIONED (INTERACTIVE)

No comments: