Monday, March 02, 2009

March 2, 2009: Birding Hidden Valley (Riverside), Mira Loma, California and Falls Campground

I had some time to bird today early this morning before class, and then later in the day after class.

In the morning, I spent a little time at the Hidden Valley Nature Center in Riverside (link). At lunch, I made a quick stop over I-10 to Mira Loma to look for the Gray Flycatcher (no luck yet!), and then an attempt to drive up to Falls Creek Campground, east of Yucaipa. There was a lot of snow there, which I can always see at home, so I left!



Hidden Valley Wildlife Area (Riverside)
A hiding California Thrasher
Northern Shoveler
Common Yellowthroat
American Coot
Yellow-Rumped Warbler

Mira Loma birds
Lesser Goldfinch
Above and Below: Say's Phoebe

Falls Creek Area



No comments: